Get Clucky!

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Remember That Stuff About Getting Pregnant?

I have not discussed it recently, since there is not much new to report. Just sort of hanging out, waiting to ovulate. Things have been more relaxed around here since I got a hold of "Toni Weschler's book", and now feel that I can say, with confidence: Nope. Not ovulating yet. Which is good, because I don't have to be worry about caffeine or vino or getting pregnant without knowing it. That book, it is very comforting.

But now it's about time to probably take some next steps, and I am sort of dickering about what they should be. My ob/gyn had told me initially that if I still hadn't got my period four months after going off the pill, I should feel entitled to come and start nagging her again. This was a great moment, btw, of me being all "okay, I'll see you in four months then" and her TOTALLY DOUBTING ME. But see! I was right!. For yes, the months now have been four, and I'm still just waiting around.

I'm sort of tempted to just go get in on the clomid action, already, but I sort of hate to do that, partly because it's clomid (and if being on birth control hormones for so long was so werid for my body, why would I want to take more hormones?) but also because I do get the sense that things are happening, hormonally, in my body (again, thank you Toni Weschler). So maybe I should just wait. But--I hate that answer.

I recently found "this website" on natural treatments for female infertility, which seemed more or less helpful. But what I really wanted it to say was, "low on estrogen? eat this herb!" and it didn't really do that for me. So disappointing.

1 Comments:

  • Well, this is interesting. I did a blog search for caffeine and high blood pressure and found your site. When I get some time I'll come back and find out where caffeine and high blood pressure appears and how it relates - if it even does. Take care - nice work.

    By Blogger Kevin Jackson, at 11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home