Get Clucky!

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Off to meet the medicales

In my mind, that's pronounced like "federales."

Anyway, this afternoon I have a "consultation" with my old ob/gyn. I'm excited and anxious, and rattling around my hot, empty, house. For various reasons I've decided to switch back to the standard doctors office for the duration--these reasons are mostly financial but also sort of strategic and personal, and I'm a little ambivalent about them. I hope the appointment goes well, and actually involes "consultation" rather than just "dictation," which is what I'm afraid I'm getting myself in for. Ah, the medicales. They are so damn...opinionated.

Doctor's visits often go a little poorly for me, because I'm always so busy trying to feel poised and calm--"yes, thanks, I'm fine. Fine. FINE!"-- that I don't do a good job of asking questions. I thought about asking my good friend, who's a journalist with pitch-perfect interrogatory powers, to go with me. But she's the one whose partner just had surgury for endometriosis, so she's a little busy at the moment.

I have been trying to read various websites about secondary amenorrhea, which is my self-diagnosis, and I am curious to see what the doctor will say. The next step could be some blood tests, it could be another, stronger, progesterone challenge. Or maybe she will want to move along to clomid--which, i think, would involve blood tests. Clomid seems a little sketchy to me, at this point, so I am thinking I would rather try more progesterone.

On the other hand, I am in a bit of a hurry. It has been six months since I had a period. If I were pregnant, I would be entering the third trimester now! Can you imagine?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home