Get Clucky!

Friday, July 01, 2005

Well, It's Always Something

And today what it is is a cyst. A big one in my right ovary: 2.5 by 1.5 inches. The ultrasound technician who discovered it said, "Well! I mean, it's not...huge."

But having something two inches long in my body is definitely huge in my mind. And it's also hugely bad news, because it means that I can't start the clomid, and also, I can't exercise because the cyst might be so heavy that it would make my ovary "fall down" if it gets jarred, which could put a crimp in my fallopian tube.

Which--well. Just imagine that.

I can't really convey how disturbing this is--and I'd been so excited this week!--except to say that the nurse was being all sweet and supportive and I just--I just cried. And that's not my usual M.O.

But things are fine in the grand scheme. The cyst will dissipate. It's not dangerous. It slows things down, but I can handle that.

I have a consultation with my doctor on Tuesday, so I'll know more then. But just wanted to get this down.

3 Comments:

  • That totally sucks!!! sucks, sucks, sucks. I know just how you feel, having gotten similar news last cycle when I was mentally prepared to start up with my injections again. It's like being punched in the stomach by your best friend for no apparent reason.

    If your doc wants to put you on the pill while you wait this out, make sure it's a low dose one. I'm pretty convinced that having taken a higher dose bcp while I was waiting out my cysts is what fucked up my cycle this time around.

    By Blogger Nico, at 9:01 AM  

  • Oh, rotten luck with the cysts. Sorry to hear that!

    By Blogger Emma B., at 10:34 AM  

  • You mentioned the other day you were getting your hormone test levels back soon - did they shed any light?

    By Blogger Nico, at 8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home